Clans at the Texas Renaissance Festival
TRF Clan Requirements
Registered Clans of the Fields of New Market
- Must Have a Clan Logo and Name with a Flag/Banner
- 15 or more Members
- Submit a members' roster with each person's planned mode of shelter ie. tent, RV, yurt, etc.
- Submit 1-minute video highlighting your camp.
- No more than 200 members per Clan.
- Note - TRF may limit the number of new Clans that can apply to be a Registered Clan per season.
Level 1 Clan
15 or more Members
A Level 1 clan will be defined as a group of five (5) or more individual camps under one Flag/Banner in the same spot; set-up by Friday, for five (5) or more weekends. You may only leave your area marked off if you are returning consecutive weekends. No semi-permanent structures can be left up during the season. You shall fly your official FONM Clan Flag/Banner along with your Clan Flag/Banner and adhere to the Clan Camping Standards.
Level 2 Clan
25 or more Members
5 Season Passes
A Level 2 clan will be defined as a group of 15 or more individual camps with at least five (5) Season Pass Holders camping under one Flag/Banner in the same spot; set-up by Friday for at least seven (7) weekends. Semi-permanent structures can be left up all nine (9) weekends. You may build a Clan Camp Site Entrance with a Boundary to remain up all nine (9) weekends. You shall fly your official FONM Clan Flag/Banner along with your Clan Flag/Banner and adhere to the Clan Camping Standards.
The Vetting Process
Each new group applying for Registered Clan status will go through a probationary period of one season. You must adhere to the Clan Camping Standards. During this time, TRF and the Campground Ambassador will visit your Clan camp throughout the season to evaluate your footprint and meet with the clan leader to establish a proper boundary so that it can be added to the Clan Map.
Clan Camping Standards
· No permanent structures.
· Semi-permanent structures shall be defined by; removed at the end of the season.
· Semi-permanent structures may require liability insurance with TRF as also insured.
· Semi-permanent structures may be built ONLY if you can remove them at the end of the season.
· Submit plans for any digging for posts or structure construction to the Fields of New Market Ambassador. Approved plans will go to TRF for final approval before construction can begin. Any permanent changes to the natural landscape will not be permitted.
· Clan Camp Site Entrance Specifications: Your camp entrance must be at least 15' wide by 15' tall.
· All boundaries will be at least 10 feet off any Roadway.
· You may rope/or fence off your area.
· All boundaries must be removed by the end of the season.
· Clans in wooded areas may establish their areas using signs or temporary fencing but there will be no alteration of the landscape.
· Adhere to Fields of New Market Campground Rules.
· All amplified music is to be turned down to be inaudible outside of your own camp by midnight.
· TRF reserves the right to remove any structure that does not comply with codes or inhibits emergency services and/or further use of the property.
- Site must be left clean upon departure. Failure to do so could result in loss of Registered Clan Status (Example: chairs, rope, coolers, tent stakes, tie down anchors, or any non-organic items used for your Boundary). Labor to remove any structures may be charged to the Clan.
Do not enter the campgrounds without contacting the TRF Camp Director for approval. TO DO SO IS TRESPASSING!
To Apply as a Clan for the 2021 season, click below for the Clan Application and email it to Jarl Greybeard at KrytonHall@gmail.com