While everyone loves to visit our enchanted kingdom, we know that getting here can sometimes feel like a trip through the Dark Realms of Mordor. Therefore we present to you these helpful suggestions to aid you in your journey.
- Come early/stay late: The majority of guests arrive between 11 am and 2 pm. However, the festival gates open at 9 am. Coming early ensures that you will not be sitting in long lines of traffic entering festival parking. Plus, arriving before 9 am allows you to see the King and Queen and the courts as they greet early arrivals at the front gates beginning at 8:45 am. Likewise, staying to watch the Royal Fireworks at 8 pm means that you can avoid the exit congestion of those who choose to leave before sundown.
- Come from the north, not the south: Most people coming from the greater Houston area usually come to the Festival via one of the main roads leading into the town of Magnolia, either on FM 1488 from The Woodlands, or Hwy 249/FM 1774 from Tomball. However, there are parts of these roads that are currently under construction. When completed, these projects will make getting here easier, but now they may impede your travel. We suggest coming to the Festival by taking Hwy 105 to FM 1774 in Plantersville and approaching the Festival from the north by one of these routes.
(1) Take I-45 to Hwy 105 in Conroe. Go west on 105 to FM 1774 in Plantersville. Turn south onto FM 1774 and travel 6 miles to the Festival entrance.
(2) Take Hwy 290 to Hwy 6 to Navasota. In Navasota take Hwy 105 to FM 1774 in Plantersville. Turn south on FM 1774 and go 6 miles to the Festival entrance. These routes may cause you to travel more miles, but can actually save you time and frustration.
- Heed Not The App Trolls: GPS services like Google or Apple maps or apps like Waze can help you in finding your way to the Festival. However, as traffic congestion begins to build, they may suggest alternate routes. IGNORE THEM! These alternative routes may take you on residential or side roads that have been closed to Festival traffic. You may find yourself forced by law enforcement to retrace your route and get back onto the main roads, losing your original place in line and adding more time to your journey.
- Get The TRF app for real time traffic alerts: the new TRF app will provide you with up to date traffic information to help you in your journey. You can also find special alerts on or Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.