Hear Ye! Hear Ye! The King of the Texas Renaissance Festival has decreed that the call should go forth across the land to find the greatest chefs, bakers, and culinary wizards to join in a Royal Quest to find the next great festival food.
10 champion chefs will be selected to develop an original dish for the 2017 Texas Renaissance Festival. The winning dish will be sold at the Festival and the winning chef will receive the following:
- $10,000 Cash Prize
- Official title of 2017 Royal Chef to the King and Queen
- Presentation during Royal Proclamation and carriage ride with the King and Queen during the 2017 Texas Renaissance Festival
- Recognition in official press release
- Season tickets to the 43rd Texas Renaissance Festival
- VIP TRF package including parking and camping passes, King’s Feast and King’s Wine Tasting, and an overnight hotel stay
Competition Rules and Procedures
- Competition is open to professional chefs, cooks, bakers, or recent graduates of authenticated culinary schools, colleges, or universities.
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applications must be completed in full and submitted to the Texas Renaissance Festival no later than March 31, 2017.
- 10 chefs will be selected from the applicants by TRF management and food vendors.
- Chefs will be announced on April 10.
- Chefs will meet with TRF management and food vendors to receive instruction on TRF menus, food preparation and distribution, etc. to guide them in developing their dish.
- Chefs will have 2 months to develop their signature dish. A preliminary tasting will be held in July for chefs to receive feedback from TRF management and food vendors.
- A final tasting will be held in August (date TBD). Final selection of the winning dish will be made by a panel consisting of recognized professional chefs, food writers and media guests.
- The winning chef will be featured in a news profile distributed to state and national media by Love Advertising and featured in TRF media promotions during the 2017 promotional season.
Are you worthy to join the ranks of the Royal Chefs? Can you create the next great food item for the nation’s largest Renaissance Festival? If so, then step forward and apply here.
For questions or additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org